My zest for creating the most natural looking hair, in the most natural way, is what keeps me creatively engaged. Maintaining a "Green & Growing" attitude has allowed me to remain teachable, thus able to adapt more easily, keeping my creative juices flowing in the right direction.
Hair Stylist Alan Mandarano located at Nurture Inspired Hair Design
7311 SE Milwaukie Ave Portland Oregon 97202
Alan Mandarano Stylist/Owner Nurture Inspired Hair Design
Hair Salon Portland Oregon
Alan Mandarano Portland, OR Artist in Hair Design
Alan's direct line
7311 SE Milwaukie Ave.
PDX, OR 97202
Portland Hair Stylist Alan Mandarano
I am committed to the highest standard of client care and am passionate about "being of service". I provide an atmosphere where you can be yourself, feel secure, nurtured, and in sacred space. I am dedicated to advanced, ongoing training, devout to what's "cutting edge", implementing the latest advances in technique & product, using natural, organic, sustainable tools when ever possible. I do everything in my power to get the results you desire while keeping the integrity of your hair and scalp intact, whilst treading as lightly as possible on Planet Earth. My philosophyis based on a European model.You have to realize that the USA market is one of a kind. In Europe to be a licensed cosmetologist you have to go to school for 5 years and then on to a 2 year apprenticeship before you can strike out on your own. It is a well respected profession and one that is taken very seriously, once holding a top 5 position in most respected professions in Europe (seriously). Products originating from Europe are regulated and subjected to independent testing, verifing that they perform as marketed and are absent of known ingredients that are on the EU's (European Union) ban list. Unfortunately products that originate from the U.S. are not overseen by any independent board. There is no FDA oversight for your safety when it comes to the beauty and cosmetic industry in the States (this comes as a big surprise to most people). Furthermore, U.S. Companies have to abide by the EU's ingredient ban list if it wishes to export its products into European markets, and believe me, they do (this is a huge market for U.S. Beauty & Cosmetic Co.'s), but most continue to produce with the banned ingredients to theU.S. markets. As you can see, there is a double standard in the U.S. concerning the safety and regulation of beauty products to U.S. Citizens. Solution: Get behind private U.S. companies that adopt the EU's philosophy on their own or use products that originate from Europe. Artist's Bio
World traveled and college educated, I entered into the profession of Hair Design after thoroughly exploring other industries and have never looked back.Having been intimately involved in Hair Design since 2003, with sincere intentions of entering into the field of hair design at an early age, I have returned to a passion that was once held close to my heart as a young boy.Artistic creativity and being of service, in an intimate way, are what fuel my enthusiasm. Coming into this industry with a solid and well rounded background benefits my clientele tremendously and is what led me to adopt a European philosophy & to employ the least corrosive, most natural & effective tools available today.Having been to "the circus" with many other lines of hair care & color offerings, manufacturers & distributors, the decision to use Ammonia Free/PPD Free hair color & Naturally Derived Products was easy."When you hear the truth, you know it, simple as that". Please visit the "Ammonia Free Hair Color" & "Hair Care" tab to learn why Ammonia Free Hair Color & Naturally Derived Hair Care Products are the smart Hair Color & HairCare choice.
My deep sense of gratitude and service is what fuels my personal involvement in keeping the integrity of our profession intact, or more precisely, restoring it.
When rare advancements occur that improve the overall health of the client, stylist, and environment, you can bet I will be the first to research, and if they work, to adopt, shifting to a new paradigm. -Alan Mandarano portland hair stylist
“The more I think about it, the more I realize there is nothing more artistic than to love others” -Vincent van Gogh
Why did I adopt a GREEN philosophy as a hairstylist?
1. The FDA does not review cosmetic products or ingredients before they are put on the shelf. It is an unregulated, poorly studied chemical industry in a bottle.
2. On average an adult uses 10 personal care products a day – 1/3 of them contain one or more possible carcinogens.
3. 89% of the ingredients in beauty care products are unevaluated.
4. Chemicals are made and added for the sole purpose of how they perform, not on how their exposure could effect our health.
5. Possible side effects linked to beauty product ingredients: allergies, carcinogens, skin irritation, hormonal disorders, tumors, kidney and liver failure, birth defects and more.
6. People in the beauty industry are 3 TIMES more likely than the average person to develop health problems due to inhalation of chemicals, making it one of the top industries for cancer research.
7. Cosmetic ingredients are not meant to sit on the skin, they are designed to penetrate the skin – and they do, our skin is not a suit of armor, it is porous.
8. There are superior performing hair color options on the marker today that are more natural, less toxic/corrosive that truly WORK better than the chemically laden ones. All of my clients can attest to the beneficial results that they get from using these newly available lines. The hair & scalp is not compromised nearly as much, in the coloring process, leaving the fabric in optimum condition, their is no unpleasant odor or irritation, no scalp or forehead coloration, the color is rich, shiny, healthy and vibrant, lasting longer than any other hair color lines I have used before.
9. With the birth of my son in Nov. 08', my sense of responsibility to him, myself and to our community has been heightened. I am becoming more aware of my environment and our industry, possessing a hunger for learning what is best for the health of my client, family, environment and next generation to come.
10. It just makes sense when there are options available that increase your creativity, giving you superior results, whilst treading as lightly on Planet Earth and also providing a safe and healthy environment for your client. This is truly a Win-Win in my book. -Alan Mandarano
First Stylist & Salon in Portland Oregon to employ the Freestylist Support System with Spectra Lights
Freestylist with Spectra Lights
Portland Hair Salon nurture inspired design natural organic stylist color salons stylists colorist hairdresser hairstylist dye haircolor beauty pdx oregon systems davines kevin murphy eufora uspa deva curl shade grown coffee sustainable green environmentally eco conscience advanced ongoing education style fashion renewable energy efficient
Sustainable Beauty Nurture Salon Hair Colorist Stylist Hairdresser Portland Oregon
Please visit "Portland Hair Salon" tab for more info
Alan Mandarano Contact Info: email@example.com or 971.533.5359 tel. 24/7 text preferred